- Milk -2 liter
- Citric acid - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 4tbsp
- Fresh Curd - approximately equal to the amount of Cottage Cheese
- Boil milk in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Mix citric acid to the water and allow to dissolve.
- Once mix start boiling,remove it from the flame and add dissolved citric acid to it.
- Milk will curdle immediately .
- Mix with a spoon till the whey whey is clear.
- Sieve this with a cotton cloth and pour this cottage cheese in it.
- Let it hang till the whey water drains for 30-45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove cheese from the cloth(the cheese should ooze out some whey water , it should not be very dry).
- Now add curd and cheese together and mix till it become smooth mixture.
- Sieve this mixture with a cotton cloth and hang to drain the whey water.The cloth should not touch the base of the bowl.
- Keep this in the fridge overnight.Next day take remove the cheese from the cloth.