JACK FRUIT PRADHAMAN
- Ripe jack fruit - 12 pieces
- Ghee - 2tbsp
- Powdered jiggery - 1cup
- Powdered cardamom - ½ tspn
- Coconut bits(fried in ghee) - 2tbsp
- Ripe coconut - 1
- Grate the coconut, grind (blend) in a mixie.
- Keep in a vessel and pour 1½ cups of hot boiling water.
- Allow to cool squeeze out the coconut milk.
- Strain through a strainer. The 1st milk will be thick.
- In this way extract the milk 2 more times by adding 1 cup hot boiling water.
Keep each milk separately.
- Each time the milk the milk must be atleast 1½ litre capacity.
- Remove the inner seed from each jack fruit.
- Slice the jack fruit into small pieces.
- In a thick bottomed vessel heat ghee and fry jack fruit pieces for 5 min.
- Now pour the coconut milk which you have taken the 3rd time.
- When the jack fruit is well cooked, add jaggery and allow to boil for 10 mins.
- Now add the milk you
- Boil well till it is slightly thickned.
- Add the 1st milk, remove from the fire mix well.
- Add the powdered elaichi (cardamom) and the coconut bits fried in ghee.