A unique variety of unniyappam with our fruit queen Jack fruit. Try out this and enjoy the jack fruit as a sweet snack.
1 cup raw rice¾ cup jaggery10-12 pieces jack fruit1/2 tsp powdered cardamom 4 tbsp pure ghee4 tbsp refined oil
- Wash and soak good quality raw rice in water for half an hour
- Drain the water, add jaggery and jackfruit, and grind well
- Place in a bowl, add powdered cardamom and mix well
- The batter should neither be too runny nor too thick
- Keep appa karai (the vessel in which appams are made) over the gas, pour ghee and refined oil in each mould and heat over the gas
- When the oil is well heated, simmer
- Pour 1 small ladle of the batter into each mould
- After a minute using a sharp knife or an iron needle gently turn the appam over
- Cook till it is golden brown on both sides
- Prick with the needle and keep it over a colander to drain the excess oil.