TANGY TOMATO POORI
Have heard of pooris but tomato pooris!! Yea, this tangy tasty pooris are a must try for foodies! Here's the recipe:
- Wheat flour-1.5 cup
- Semolina-1/4 cup
- Thick tomato puree-1 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp (optional)
- Chili powder- 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- Cooking oil-1 tbsp
- Salt- to taste
- In a big bowl mix wheat flour,semolina,salt,chili powder,oil,salt.
- Now add tomato puree in the wheat flour mixture and make a medium stiff dough.add few tsp of water if needed.
- Cover and rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Now make small balls from the dough and dust with flour and roll to make medium thick pooris.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and gently slide the poori in the hot oil.
- After adding in the oil ,reduce the heat to medium and gently press the poori from one side with a slotted spoon,it helpes to puff up the poori.
- Fry from both the sides till golden in colour,remove from the pan and drain on a paper napkin.
- Serve hot with potato curry