Oats laddu is one of the easy sweet recipie . It can be prepared with sugar or jiggery and not much ghee is needed .For the vegans they can eliminate ghee. This is slightly chewy and absolutely fat free and taste good. No mess of string consistency and other things .You can also use brown sugar instead of white sugar. Here in this recipie I used jiggery .Try this easy laddu recipie for this Diwali .
- Grated jiggery or sugar - 1 cup
- Rolled oats - 1 cup
- Grated fresh coconut - 1 cup
- Cardamom powder - ¼ tsp
- Water - 1 tbsp
- Ghee/olive oil/coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Roasted nuts - as needed (optional )
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and dry roast the oats till the raw smell goes or till they smell good .
- Let it cool for sometime and powder it either coarsely or finely according to your taste. Keep it aside .
- Heat a pan add jiggery,water and stir till the jiggery melts.Strain the jiggery and reheat it by adding coconut and cardamom powder.
- Cook till you see the strings in the jiggery mixture .
- Add the powdered oats, stir well and remove from the stove and mix the nuts with it .
- Let it cool for sometime and roll to a small balls with greased palms .
- Healthy oats laddu are ready.