Koozh dosa or Kalikanji dosa is a famous dish in Tamilnadu.This dosa is a traditional brhamin cuisine. This dosa is almost similar to Mangalore neer dosa. For neer dosa we don't make kanji from batter. That's the only difference.This is a very delicious dosa variety and easy to make. We make kanji out of the rice batter and hence we call it as Kalikanji dosa. Also this dosa is very soft and white in colour.For this kalikanji dosa, the batter should be little thick like a koozh with pouring consistency. we are not going to keep the batter for fermentation process. Eventhough this dosa is not an instant dish , this is one of the simplest breakfast dish which we can make quickly.
- Raw rice - 2cups
- Grated coconut - ¾ cup
- Salt - to taste
- Coconut oil - 3 tbsps
- Gingelly oil - for making dosas
- Soak the rice in water for two hours and grind to a fine paste along with grated coconut.
- Wash the mixer with two cups of water and mix the water along with one full ladle of ground batterand mix it well. Heat a pan and pour this batter mixed with water mixture into the pan adding tcoconut oil.
- Keep stirring this mixture tp prevent lumps till it becomes like kanji or koozh (porridge) consistency.in a medium heat.
- Cook till the batter becomes shiny white and transparent.And add this to the ground batter by adding salt and mix well.
- Kalikanji dosa batter is ready to use.
- Heat a tawa, grease it with a tsp of oil and pour a ladle of kalikanji dosa batter and spread it in a circular motion and add a tsp of gingelly oil.
- Cook for 20 to 30 seconds on one side and flip the dosa on other side and cook it.Repeat this method for the rest of the batter.This dosa should be white in colour.
- Kalikanji dosa is ready to serve.