Spring onion carrot pulav is a great main dish that gets done with minimum effort. spring onions are sweeter and mellower than regular onions, but the greens are more intense in flavor and of course the nutrition value of carrots, both together makes this pulav great. I’m sure the kids will adore this pulav when you make it for them. Mess free and super easy to pack in their little lunch boxes . Super tasty too.
- Basmati rice soaked -1 1/2 cups
- Spring onions sliced - 6
- Carrot - 2 nos(cut into square pieces)
- Oil - 3 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Spring onion greens chopped -1 cup
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. As they begin to change colour, add ginger garlic paste, spring onions and sauté until brown.Add the chopped carrots, rice and mix gently.
- Add three cups of water, salt, garam masala powder and mix. Cover and simmer until water is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Mess free Spring onion pulav is ready to serve.