SHAHI PANEER TIKKA MASALA
- 1cup of paneer cubes (I used home made paneer)
- 1/2 cup of cubed green bell pepper.
marination for making paneer tikka
- ⅓ to ½ cup of hung yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- ¾ tsp garam masala
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds
- spices (bay leaf, few pepper corn, small cinnamon stick, cloves and cardamom,)
- 1 green chili slit (optional)
- 1 cup of onion paste
- ½ cup of tomatoes chopped (pureed)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp kasuri methi
- ¼ cup of milk cream
- 12 to 15 cashewnuts & 12 to 15 almonds.( cashew paste &almond paste )
- few coriander leaves chopped
- oil or butter as needed
1. Firstly, marinate paneer with the marination ingredients and set aside for 30 mins.
2. Add chopped tomatoes, cashews or cashew paste to a blender and make a smooth puree, Set this aside
3. Heat a tbsp oil or butter in a wide pan on a high flame, remove off the excess marination drippings and drop the paneer in the tawa and toss them on a high flame till the marinade dries up and the paneer turns golden. This takes only 2 to 3 mins. Over frying can make paneer harder and rubbery.
4. While the paneer is getting fried, marinate the bell pepper with the left over marinade. when the paneer tikkas are done, transfer them to a plate and set aside
5. Now in the same pan, remove excess marinade & toss the bell pepper on the pan till the marinade sticks up to the bell pepper .
6. Heat butter or oil in a pan, add cumin, other dry spices cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaf. sauté till they begin to emit a good aroma
7. Add onion paste fry till raw smell goes .
8. Add ginger garlic paste, sauté till it gets fragrant
9. Add the tomato puree, red chili powder and fry for about 5 mins & add cahew & almond paste & fry till you see the oil begins to separate.
10. Add ¼ to ½ cup water , add garam masala powder and kasuri methi. Bring it to a boil and cook till you see a thick gravy on a medium flame
11. Add paneer tikka and cook for 2 mins on a medium heat, overcooking can break your paneer cubes and can make them rubbery too.
12. Add bell pepper and cook for one minute .
13. Pour the milk cream of your choice, check salt, add coriander leaves. mix and off the stove. Serve paneer tikka masala with roti, naan or veg pulao.