- Fine rawa - 1 cup
- Green gramdhal - ½ cup
- Water - 4.5 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Broken cashews - 1 tbsp
- Oil and ghee - 4 tbsps
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Finely cut ginger - ½ tsp
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Cook dhal in 1.5cups of water till three fourth cooked .
- Pour rest of the water in that and allow to boil .
- Heat oil separately and season with cashewnuts , curry leaves, finely chopped ginger, crushed pepper and cumin seeds .
- Pour in the dhal mixture with rawa , salt. Stir till it is mixed well.
- Cover and cook in medium flame till moisture is absorbed, and rawa is cooked well .
- Stir in between to prevent charring .
- Serve hot with melted ghee on top accompanied with coconut chutney .
- This can be pressure cookeddirectly, which minimizes time .
- Cook dhal with water till 3/4th cooked .pour boiling water with salt, rawa and seasoned ingredients .
- Pressure cook above .
- When using thicker rawa increase volume of water little more .