Verkadalai vadai is soft, mild-spiced . U can try this vadai using rice flour or split gramdal flour(kadalai mavu) or split besan flour(pori kadalai mavu) instead of maida
- Groundnuts(Ver Kadalai) -roasted,skinless groundnuts powdered coarsely 1 cup
- whole red chillies - 5 nos
- split gram dhal(kadalai paruppu)-1/4 cup (soaked for one hour with red chillies ) cup grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- salt - to taste
- chopped curry leaves - 1 sprig
- chopped coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- oil - for deep frying
- Grind soaked gram dhal with,grated coconut,whole red chillies without adding water coarsely.
- Take a bowl.Add the powdered groundnuts, salt, curry leaves and few chopped coriander leaves to the ground gram dhal mixture and mix well.
- Add 1 or 2 tbsp water to the vada-mixture,if needed.
- Shape them into round flat-sized vadais.
- Heat oil in a non-stick kadai.Fry the Groundnut Vadai till it turns golden brown on bothsides.