Dates taste amazing in any sweets or Dessert .Dates are rich in calories.This Dates Raisins payasam is creamy, rich and delicious. The taste of dates and raisins tastes heavenly . A South Indian special meal is not complete without a payasam or a dessert .So try this special Dates Raisins payasam on your auspicious Diwali day for your special lunch .
- 1/2 cup seedless dates, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ghee
- 1/2 cup cashews & badam together.
-500ml of milk (As required)
- To start with, roast the cashews, badam, poppy seeds, dates and raisins with ghee in a small pan on medium heat, till a wonderful aroma emanates. With heat on low, add in the brown sugar and milk to the dry contents and mix everything together.
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil, simmering them until slightly thickened for 5 to 10 minutes.
- The Dates Raisins Payasam is now ready to be served hot or can even be refrigerates and had chilled.
THIS RECIPE IS ALSO PUBLISHED IN MANORAMA ONLINE: