Magizhambpoo Murukku or mullu murukku is one of the traditional murukku which contains green gram dal and bengal gral dal flour which enhance the taste . This murukku gets its name as it resembles a flower called "Magizampoo". It is very crispy, easy to make recipe. We can do this quickly with store bought rice flour. This traditional murukku is prepared for many auspicious occasions and festivals like marriages, seemandham, etc . For Diwali festival, it is a tradition in many families to make magizhampoo murukku along with ribbon pakoda (nada).
- Raw rice - 4 cups
- Green gram dal - 1 cup
- Bengal gram dal - 1 cup
- White sesame seeds - 2 tsps
- salt - to taste
- Melted ghee - 1 ladle
- oil - for deep frying
- Wash and soak rice in water for one hour .
- Drain water and dry th erice under shade by spreading over a cloth .
- when it is almost dry , roast it in a hot kadai lightly.(the colour of the flour should not change )
- Dry roast each dals seperately .and then mix rice and dals together and powder it finely .
- sieve the flour add salt , sesame seeds and melted ghee and mix well .
- Divide the flour into four equal parts and sprinkle water to one portion and knead to a thick dough.(for making dough you can also use coconut milk instead of water.)
- Using magizampoo disc in a murukku press, squeeze murukkus directly into the hot oil in a circular motion .
- Deep fry till crisp and drain the excess oil .
- Magizampoo murukku or Mullu Murukku is ready .