The Gur Paare is a traditional Punjabi sweet made during festival season orsome special occasions especially like wedding. This is jiggery coated sweet biscuit .In Punjab no Punjabi wedding is considered complete without it .Let’s prepare this for this year’s diwali .
- Maida - 2 cups(can substitute with wheat flour.)
- Ghee - 4 tbsps
- Saunf roasted - 1 tsp
- Powdered jiggery - ½ cup
- Water - ¼ cup
- Cardamom powde - ¼ tsp
- Oil - for deep frying
- Heat a pan with water and jiggery .Boil it till the jiggery dissolves completely .
- Remove from falme, strain it and let it cool .
- In a mixing bowl mix flour and cardamom powder and add melted ghee .
- Mix well till it resembles crumbled texture , then add the melted jiggery to the flour and knead to make it a firm dough (if melted jiggery is nit sufficient to make dough add little water)
- Kepp aside for 30 minutes .
- Divide the dough into 6 or 7 equal parts ,take one part and roll it to a thick circle and cut the rolled dough into diamond or square pieces .
- Repeat the same method with the balance dough ,
- Heat oil in a pan and gently drop the Gur paares into the hot oil .
- Fry it in a medium flame until golden brown colour on both sides .
- Cool it completely .
- Delicious Gur Paares are ready to serve .