Idlis are always a healthy breakfast as we cook it by steaming.Traditionally idlis are preapared by soaking rice and urad dal and grinding them, fermenting, is a long process .Now a days in this fast world ther is no time for the working mothers, so I thought of instant and healthier breakfast for everyone in the family, from elders to kids.Try out these healthy and tasty samba godumai idli or daliya idli
- Samba godumai rava - 2 cups
- Thick fresh curds or yoghurt - 1 cup
- Eno fruit salt or baking soda -1/2 tsp
- Water - ½ cup or more as needed
- Salt - to taste
- Coriander leaves - 4 tbsps(finely chopped)
- Oil -
for greasing idli moulds
FOR SEASONING :
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Asafetida - ¼ tsp
- Green chillies - 3 nos finely chopped
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Blend the broken wheat in a blender an d whip it twice till it becomes fine rava.
- Mix the blended fine rava wirh curd , salt, water, coriander leaves, and green chillies.
- Preapare seasoning by heating oil and add mustard seeds, when it splutters add urad dal and asafetida.
- Pour the seasoning over the idli batter and mix well .
- Add half cup of water and mix well till it gets idli batter consistency .
- Lastly add eno fruit salt or baking soda and mix .
- Grease the idli plates and pour idli batter in the moulds and steam it for 10 to 20 minutes .
- The yummy and healthy samba godumai rava idli is ready to serve
- Serve with chutney or sambhar .