Another pickle from Sachu's Kitchen for the pickle lovers, lemon pickle with lime juice,sugar, ginger and pepper corns. This pickle I learnt it from my sister-in-law's mother-in-law. This is everybody's favourite pickle in my family.Thank you mami for this recipie .
- Fresh lemon - 50 numbers
- Rock Salt -1/4 kg
- Red chilli powder - ¼ kg
- Turmeric powder - 2 tsps
- Methi seeds - 50 grams
- Mustard seeds - 50 grams
- Gingelly oil - ¼ kg
- Asafetida powder - 2 tsps
- Pepper corns -2 tablespoons
- Ginger - 100 grams ( finely chopped )
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Lime juice - 1 cup
- Wash the lemon well and wipe with a cloth .
- Cut them into eight to twelve pieces .
- Do not use any brrass or copper or iron vessel . Use ceramic or stone or glass jar .
- Heat the rock salt and powder it .
- Heat the pepper corns .
- Roast the methi seeds to a brown colour and powder it .
- Powder the mustard seeds .
- Mix all the powders , pepper corns , finely chopped ginger ,sugar , and juice of lemon with lime and pack the jar .
- Heat the oil well , and add asafoetida powder .
- Cool it well and mix this oil with the pickle .
- For a week keep this jar in the sun by tying a white cloth to the jar .
- Then keep it tightly closed .The older the the pickle better the taste .
- Serve this with curd rice .