Of all varieties of dosas this is super soft and spongy dosa .This dosa stays soft for long time. Best for lunch box with some sambhar or chutney.The method of making this dosa is slightly different from other dosa varieties .The rice and rice flakes should be soaked in buttermilk .
- Par boiled rice - 2 cups
- Rice flakes - 1/4 cup
- Sour buttermilk - 4 cups
- Salt - to taste
- oil or ghee - for frying
- Wash rice and rice flakes seperately .
- soak them together in buttermilk for 10 hours .
- Grind it to a smooth paste adding salt at the end of grinding.
- Heat a tawa and pour dosa batter ( do not spread the batter )
- put little ghee or oil around and close with a lid .
- cook in a medium flame for few minutes till the top of the dosa is cooked .
- No need to turn over the dosa . (if you want you can cook both sides.)
- Serve hot with chutney .