I used to try variety pulav for my sons lunch box .In the morning hurry burry time we have no time for detailed cooking. So I usually do preapare quick and of course tasty variety food too. Now you too try out this quick achari pulav. Achari bell pepper carrot pulao sounds interesting. Try this out!
- Boiled rice - 2 cups
- Pickle masala -
(any of your favourite pickle you can use,I used mango pickle)
- Oil - 2 tsps
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafetida - ¼ tsp
- Garlic - 1 tsp (chopped finely)
- Bell pepper (or)Capsicum -2 nos (chopped)
- Carrot - 1 no (chopped)
- Onion - 1 no (chopped)
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Salt -
(be careful while adding salt , you have salt already in the pickle)
- Heat oil in a poan add cumin seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add asafetida, chopped garlic and sauté for few seconds and add chopped onions, fry till it turns pink colour.
- Add chopped carrots and cook for sometime and finally add capsicum mix well and sauté for three to four minutes.
- Add pickle masala, salt and boiled rice and mix gently .
- Cook till the rice gets heated.
- Achari Bell pepper carrot pulao is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with a teaspoon of pickle.