Saturday 27 February 2016

EGGLESS FRIED STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM

 This is my 200th post. I wanted to post some special one for you all. Thanks for encouraging and supporting me through out this journey of my passion.Expecting the same support in the future too.Here comes the special Dessert.
Fried ice cream is an usual dessert. My son told me about this dessert that  he had this fried ice cream in one of his friend’s party.Fried ice cream!!!!??? I was surprised at first. How was it possible? When I searched in google, I found out that this dessert needed eggs. For eggless version I tried with maida batter and this worked out well. Friends you also try this and give a hot cold surprise to your cutie kids.
The crunchiness of corn flakes outside and the soft ice cream inside, tastes heavenly.

INGREDIENTS

Home made strawberry ice cream                        - ½ litre
Crushed Cornflakes                                                     -  to roll
Maida - 1 cup
Oil                                                                                         - for deep frying
Black currant flavoured whipped Cream            - as needed for decorating
Strawberries                                                                    - for decorating


















METHOD

Scoop  the icecream on a foil lined plate and freeze it for 3 to 4 hours or till firm. ( I have kept it overnight.it will give better results)
Mix the flour with sufficient water to make a thick batter and set aside.
Take the  icecream from the freezer and and dip it in maida mix and coat it in the crushed corn flakes and keep it in freezer for 4 hours or overnight.(take one by one from the freezer and work quickly, otherwise ice cream starts to melt).
Keep everything ready for decorating and h
eat oil in a pan.
Take one icecream ball from freezer in a slotted spoon and dip it in hot oil just for 15 to 20 seconds or till golden brown.
 Remove it immediately and keep it in the serving plate.
Decorate with cream and strawberries and serve immediately.







NOTES

You can use any flavour of ice cream.
Decorate it with chocolate sauce or any other fresh fruits.





No comments:

Post a Comment

ADSENSE