For the crust:
- Marie/Digestive biscuits-200g
- Melted butter- 100g
- Sugar-2 tbsp
- Crush the biscuits and mix it very well with the melted butter till it resembles coarse sand.
- Add the sugar and give it a quick mix.
- Pat it into the bottom of an 8" round loose bottom /springform tin.
- Refrigerate it for 30 mins while you prepare the batter.
For the cheesecake batter:
- Heavy cream/Amul cream-400g
- Sugar-6-7 tbsp or to taste
- Homemade cream cheese-400g (recipe posted)
- Vegetarian Gelatin (or) china grass -1tbsp dissolved in 1 cup of water
- Strong coffee- 3 tbsp
- Whip the cream and sugar into stiff peaks. Fold in the cream cheese into it.
- Melt gelatin either using the double boiling method or by in the microwave for 10 secs.
- Add the gelatin, and coffee and fold in gently .
- Pour over the base and leave it to set in the fridge for 4-5 hours(till it is set).
- on top sieve some coco powder & decorate as you wish.
- Delicious Tiramisu is ready to serve.