- Rice Flour -2 1/2 cups
- Urad Flour -1/2 cup(Dry rosted and powdered)
- Jaggery(grated) -1 cup
- Cardamom powder - little
- Thick coconut extract - 1-1 1/2 cup
- oil - to deep fry
- Dry roast urad dhal in hot kadai till it turns golden red in colour.
- powder it in a mixer and pass it through a fine sieve.
- Mix rice flour ,urad flour,a pinch of salt,cardamom powder in a broad bowl.
- Pour thick coconut exrtact to finely grated jaggery and keep aside for few minutes.
- Mix well till jaggery melts.Strain if it contains mud through a fine sieve or muslin cloth.
- Mix this jaggery with sieved flour mixture till it forms a thick dough.
- Add some more coconut extract if necessary to knead the dough.
- Prepare small lemon size balls from the dough(if the dough breaks while preparing balls sprinkle little more coconut extract to the dough and knead thoroughly)
- Once the oil is heated make the flame to low or medium &deep fry the prepared balls till golden colour on all sides.
- Remove from the oil and keep over a colander till excess oil is drain.