Vadugapuli lemon is a bigger one and this is more juicy and sour compared to other small lemons . this has got lot of medicinal values .This is served during sadhya as a side dish with white rice .This is so easy to make .This cannot be stored for a long time, but you can refregirate it for one or two weeks not more than that.
- Vadukapuli naranga/big lemon- 2 numbers
- Green chilli – 10 to 12 numbers ( finely chopped
- Red chilli powder-1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder-1tbsp
- Asafetida powder -2 tsp
- Fenugreek powder-1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste .
- Til oil -1/2 cup
- Jaggery –small piece
- Oil - 2tbsps
- Mustard seeds - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves two sprigs
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped green chilli, sauté for few minutes.Add chopped lemon and required amount of salt, cook till it became soft
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and sauté till raw smell goes .
- Add Jaggery ,mix well .
- Add asafetida powder and cook for few minutes. Remove from flame.d
- Heat oil and season with mustard seeds and curry leaves and mix it with the pickle .
- Sprinkle fenugreek powder and mix well.
- Store it in a ceramic jar or in an airtight glass container.
- The spicy, tangy, juicy vadugapuli naranga pickle is ready .