Verkadalai Puli milagai is the home made green chilli pickle with groundnuts. This tastes very delicious and goes well with dosas, parathas, white rice etc. With the puli milagai recipie I have made a variation by adding groundnuts. This tastes hot, tangy and little sweet too. This pickle is everyone’s favourite in my family.
- Tamarind - lemon size
- Salt - to taste
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Asafetida - ¼ tsp
- Jiggery - 2 tbsps
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp (if you want more spicy add some more chilli powder.)
- Green chillies - 12 nos (slitted)
- Gingelly oil - 2 tbsps
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Methi seeds - ½ tsp
- Groundnuts -1/4 cup
- Garlic - 8 cloves (crushed) (optional)
- Extract the thick tamarind pulp.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds,methi seeds, asafetida, crushed garlic and groundnuts.
- Fry for sometime till the groundnuts are half-fried and add slitted green chillies.
- When the chillies splutter, add the tamarind extract, turmeric powder,and salt .
- Allow to boil over a moderate heat.Add powdered jaggery and chilli powder.
- When it comes to semi-thick consistency remove from the fire.
- Spicy tangy verkadalai puli milagai is ready to serve.
- Serve with any type of dosas,white rice etc.