Vazhakkai podimas or raw banana podimas is very simple and healthy recipie.we cook different recipies with this vazhakkai.For podimas we grate boiled vazhakkai and saute it in oil with seasonings.
- Fresh raw cooking bananas - 2 nos .( bajji kaaya )
- Fresh coconut ( grated ) - ¼ cup
- Green chillies - 4 nos ( crushed with ½ of the grated coconut )
- Salt - to taste .
FOR SEASONING :
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
- Coriander leaves -2tbsps ( optional )
- Steam bananas in a pressure cooker with their skin for 10 minutes .
- When cooled peel & grate them in a grater .
- Heat oil ina frying pan add mustard seeds , urad dal & curry leaves .
- When the mustard seeds splutter & dal becomes golden colour add the grated bananas .
- Add salt & mix well , & add the crushed coconut gratings & green chilli mixture .Mix well .
- Good aaccompaniment for sambar rice or with any other rice .